los ángeles

los ángeles
donde he perdido, ganado y amado...

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Departures and Returns

Sometimes,
I think
that my choices
are exclusively my own. 
I think,
that I can live
my life
based solely,
on my heart’s desires,
without any consideration,
of context,
or community,
or relationships,
or history,
or commitments,
or partnerships,
or promises. 

So, I follow these paths,
accept invitations,
dare to go into unchartered
territory,
while the life THAT I DO HAVE,
waits for me. 

And it waits,
expectantly,
confidently,
hopefully,
with certainty,
for me to see,
that all I need,
is what I have,
right here, right now. 
What I wake up to everyday,
is more,
than my casual mind
can appreciate.

My own environment,
my ancestors, my family, my friends,
my communities, the universe, la raza
protect me,
by closing doors,
rejecting my applications,
or I am given ears to listen,
and advice to rethink,
and glimpses
of the fortune
that I am swimming in,
but take for granted.

In retrospect, I see,
that many things,
are from and for
another time,
(son de, y para, otros tiempos)
not this time,
and I make my peace,
at each disappointing,
sometimes heartbreaking,
development.

That so many possibilities,
surround me,
and so many opportunities
dance with me,
and so many experiences
seduce me,
is a beautiful thing.
I don’t regret the sea
of possibility in front of me.

I am thankful,
for the bounty.
I am thankful,
for the world showing me,
the benefits,
of all of my hard work,
and sincere, earnest living,
welcoming me,
into glimpses of what could be.

And then always, always, always,
returning me,
to the web,
that is called,

my life and this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment